- Saturday, September 30 at 3 PM: Guitar Concert from Marlow Guitar International as part of MCPL's Classical Music Month celebration.
- Thursday, October 12 at 3 PM: Villages 101, an exploration of the village concept.
- Saturday, October 21 at 11 AM: Energy Exploration, a fun way for the whole family to learn about energy conservation.
- Tuesday, October 24 at 10:30 AM: How to Apply for a County Job, with our expert from the Montgomery County Office of Human Resources.
- Saturday, November 4, at 3 PM: Rocket Racers, a fun way for kids to learn some science.
- Biweekly and monthly storytimes
- English Conversation Clubs
- Hooks and Needles Club
- Book discussion group
- Read to Our Dog
- LEGO free play, for ages 2 - 12 with a guardian
|Twinbrook: Back to Normal After Repairs|
Summer 2017. We'd like to thank our partners Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS), the Department of Environmental Protection, the Hooks and Needles, and the Friends of the Library Montgomery County (FOLMC) and its Twinbrook Chapter for helping to make our summer reading program very special. We hosted a very fun "LEGO" derby, which MCPS Summer Rise interns helped us prepare. Our FOL Chapter provided funding for our race cars and ramps. We also held a wildly fun sharks program, and several other science programs during the summer.
|Ruiz Family Display Summer Reading Creations|
Library Advisory Committee. Our Twinbrook Library Advisory Committee meets about six times per year. Library advisory committees (LACs) are a part of the library board and advise the library system on library services at each branch. We encourage customers to attend LAC meetings, provide feedback during, before, or after the meetings, and of course, to join the LAC. Our chairperson, Andrea, Secretary Ron, and members Shirley, Beatrice, and James also attend branch events and often set up a table the week before the LAC meetings to answer questions and gather feedback.
The next four meetings are:
- Thursday, November 10 at 6:30 PM
- Thursday, January 11 at 6:30 PM
- Thursday, March 8 at 6:30 PM
- Thursday, May 10 at 6:30 PM
Other News. In other news, customers will be pleased to learn that the system is now selling ear buds ($1) and flash drives ($3). We continue to benefit from restored materials funding, we've been steadily taking in brand new travel books all summer long, and the stream of best sellers and new movies and TV shows is very healthy. We hope you'll enjoy some soon.
We hope to see you again soon at the Twinbrook Branch. If you haven't been since we re-opened, see our Twinbrook Flickr album to get a flavor for what's inside our branch.
Eric Carzon, Library Services Manager.