In the slideshow above, I’ve provided several pictures of Twinbrook’s new features from the refresh. Two of our biggest hits are the new children’s room with early literacy digital learning workstation and outdoor courtyard, and our three collaboration spaces. Our 3 bookable collaboration spaces have been very heavily used by the community for quiet study, tutoring, job applications, group projects, and similar projects. Each of these 3 rooms can be booked online, or on the phone with library staff, up to seven days in advance. Each room seats up to 4 people and can be reserved for up to 2 hours per day.
Other refreshed features customers are loving include brand new water fountains with water bottle filling taps, new bathrooms, new Early Literacy digital learning station, new printers that can scan and print in color, loanable laptop computers, Go!Kits for kids, a new teen area, robust Wi-Fi, more electrical outlets, a customer device charging locker, upgraded accessible parking spaces, digital signage, a newly designed service desk area, a branch announcement system, and fresh paint and carpet with new colors and designs.
This fall we have also welcomed our customers from Aspen Hill and Davis as their branches undergo renovation.
We hope you will join us soon for one of the many programs we offer:
New Series “African American History Month - Our Heritage: From the Civil War to Education in Montgomery County” presented by the Montgomery County Historical Society (MCHS).
*Thursday, February 16, 2017; 6 pm; Twinbrook Library; Jill Newmark speaking about Within these Walls: The Contraband Hospital and the African Americans Who Served There.
Regular Programs at Twinbrook:
• Pre-school Storytimes Every other Wednesday at 10:30am (Ex. November 30, December 14th)
• “Come Saturday Morning” Once a month at 11:00 am on Saturdays (Next: December 10th)
• “Pajama Storytime” Once a month on 4th Tuesdays at 7pm (Next: November 22nd)
• Read to our Dog Katey – Wednesdays 4pm – 5pm
• Lego/Duplo Playtime – Fridays at 4pm – 5pm
• Hooks and Needles – Wednesdays at 6pm
• Book Discussion: 3rd Tuesday’s at 6:30pm
• English Conversation Clubs: Mondays and Wednesdays from 1pm – 3pm, Fridays 10am – 12pm
|Twinbrook's Staff Prepares for our September Month of Music (2016)|
Sincerely, Eric Carzon, Library Services Manager and the Twinbrook Team.